martedì 24 novembre 2015

Reading




In this exercise students are going to read a text about a daily routine and then they are going to answers some questions. In the second part, as follow-up, they are going to write a short text about their daily routine. 
It is addressed to primary 4. 


Keira's daily routine

Hello! my name's Keira and I am 8 years old. I am Irish and I live with my mum, my dad, my two sisters and my puppy in Dublin, the capital city of the Republic of Ireland. 
In the morning, on weekdays,  I usually wake up very early, at 7:30. First, I have a shower, I wash my face and I comb my hair, then I get dressed and finally I have breakfast. I always have breakfast with my two sisters, Clare and Heather. They are 12 years old and they are twins! We usually have a bowl of cereal and hot milk, but sometimes we have toast with jam and an apple, yummy!
I go to school by bus, I get it at 8:30 and  it takes 20 minutes. 
Classes start at 9 o'clock. I am very good at maths but my favourite subject is history. I have a break at 11.30. I eat a sandwich or a banana and I drink an orange juice. I like the break because I play volleyball with my friends in the playground. At 1.30 I have lunch in the school canteen. School finishes at 4 o'clock. 
In the afternoon I play computer games with my sisters or we walk the puppy. Afterwards my help me with my homework and later we watch TV.
We have dinner altogether at 8:30. After dinner I read a book or play with my dog. 
Sometimes I surf the net with my father. 
At 10 o'clock I brush my teeth and I put my pyjamas on. I go to bed at 10:30.





Questions

  1. How old is Keira?
  2. Where is she from?
  3. Is she an only child?
  4. Has she got any pets?
  5. What time does she wake up?
  6. What does she usually have for breakfast?
  7. How does she get to school?
  8. What time does school start?
  9. What is her favourite subject?
  10. What does she do in the afternoon?
  11. And after dinner?
  12. What does she do before going to bed





Now it's your turn! Describe your daily routine.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

You can print the activity here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/i4vpp6z6smaznr2/reading.pdf?dl=0



Nessun commento:

Posta un commento